Are you aware that sleep apnea is a condition that occurs when individuals have interrupted breathing patterns while they sleep? There are two major varieties of sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea is caused by broken signals being sent from the brain to the muscles that are not received. Obstructive sleep apnea is caused by a blocked airway while you sleep.
If you want the best oral health possible, you will need effective sleep apnea care. Facts about sleep apnea include:
– Sleep apnea can be produced by allergies, sinus problems, nasal blockages, a deviated septum, a family history of the disorder, genetics, breathing obstructions, large tonsils, a large tongue, a small jaw, and various environmental factors.
– Characteristically, males over the age of 40 are most at risk for sleep apnea.
– Obstructive sleep apnea frequently occurs when airways are blocked and obstructed.
– Untreated sleep apnea can ultimately result in serious conditions such as heart attacks or stroke.
– Signals from your brain failing to be received by the muscles in your chest is called central sleep apnea.
If you are looking for sleep apnea treatments in Rhome, Texas, Rhome Family Dentistry would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Saad by calling our dentist office at 817-636-0608. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!