Are you looking for or are soon to have a tooth extracted? If so, it is important to take the necessary steps to protect yourself with a suitable plan to ensure optimum recovery time. Make sure to prepare your home for suitable care and recovery, as well as remove any bad habits that can hinder your recovery.
Listed below are some common tooth extraction recovery tips:
– Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to rest. This includes removing time set away for the gym or strenuous labor, as they should be avoided for a set period until you have recovered.
– Consider quitting smoking, or if that is currently improbable, quit smoking for at least 48 hours before and after the extraction surgery.
– Follow all guidelines and instructions set forth by your dentist for planning and recovery.
– Take any medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– Follow all necessary dieting guidelines and do not eat or drink anything until the anesthesia has worn off.
– Set aside ice packs to minimize inflammation and heat packs to minimize pain.
If you would like to set up an appointment for a tooth extraction with Dr. Saad and our team at Rhome Family Dentistry, please call 817-636-0608 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Rhome, Texas. Make the change you seek in your oral health care today.